Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Want to be Happy in Your Marriage?

Have children and go to Church together.

The happiest wives in America

Gosh did I need a study from UVA to tell me that? Larry and I enjoy each other's company and our cross-country trip last fall illustrated that we could be together constantly 24/7 and still enjoy each other's company after seven solid weeks. I think after 42 years our relationship has stood the test of time and we would fit solidly in the ranks of this study that showed that families who had four or more children and went to Church together weekly were among the happiest.

Fr. Patrick Peyton, the rosary priest, who is up for canonization could have explained it without a study. "The family that prays together, stays together."

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I started to say evening prayers together after we were married. We would speak our intentions out loud. Each night we alternated who went first. I learned so much about him and his reliance on Our Blessed Mother...it was such a grace to our marriage...beats everything else. My best advice to couples to perfect their marriage to grow their love, is to pray together this way.

    ReplyDelete