Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Retreating Today on a Journey to the Truth

Every spiritual retreat is a journey to the truth. I start a five-day silent Ignatian retreat today. What an opportunity to reflect on the truth or rather on  THE TRUTH who is Christ Himself. I look forward to the next five days of prayer and meditation using the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Any posts you see during this time were scheduled in the last few days before I left. And, obviously, I won't be moderating any comments during this time. What I will be doing is praying for all those who visit my website and blog, all my family and friends and all those who have touched my life thus far. What a host of people come to mind (both friend and foe) when I consider that list. I will be bringing you all (living or dead) on retreat with me, asking God's particular blessing on you. May he bring us all merrily to heaven on the last day. God love you, as my mother used to say. He does, you know.

2 comments:

  1. Where are you going on your retreat? Where on earth did you find any "safe" Jesuits? I hope you have a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a Jesuit, Maria. The retreat is given by Fr. James Buckley of the FSSP. I've been going for nine of the past ten years and it is always a great blessing. No matter how many times I do it, there is always something new to learn and gain. Praised be to God!

    ReplyDelete