Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Oh Dear....

The Queen of England is in the hospital with a stomach bug. Can one even think of a world without her sitting on the throne of England? I was only 5 or 6 when she became queen. During her reign we have had six popes: Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI. It's likely she'll see a seventh ascend the chair of Peter since her illness doesn't seem to be life-threatening, although at her age (86), any illness is potentially serious. So pray for the queen and for the Catholic Church in her poor country which, like the Church in ours, is under assault, especially from Judases within.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly hope the woman will be all right but do I really care who sits on the English throne?or if there is an English throne? not since 1776 I don't I wish our English cousins well and God bless their old queen, but there are a million or more more important things to worry about

    ReplyDelete