Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Two Thumbs Up to Matt Birk, a Pro-Life Catholic Hero

Baltimore Ravens Player Skips Obama White House

Matt Birk is a football lineman, Harvard graduate, and Catholic father of six. Here's some of what he said when interviewed about skipping the White House confab:
“I don’t think I’m a superstar by any means,” Birk said, “but I’m glad (for) the platform that football allows me. I’m glad to use it to support causes that I passionately believe in and this is one of them. For me, it comes down to what’s right and what’s wrong – what’s God’s will and what’s not.”
Amen! And thank God for Catholics willing to stand up in the public square and tell the truth even at the risk of damaging their careers. He has a great career on God's heavenly team no matter what happens in the NFL! Read more about Matt's faith here. And please say a prayer for this wonderful Catholic family who witness to the value of faith and family every time they leave the house together.

No comments:

Post a Comment