Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

On Retreat -- I'll Be Praying for You!

Starting this evening I'll be on a five-day silent retreat based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. I've attended this for most of the past 10-12 years annually with a priest from the Fraternal Society of St. Peter, Fr. James Buckley. It's a wonderful oasis of peace and meditation in a very noisy world. I love the silence, both the physical silence of no conversation except with the Lord and the angels and saints and the technological silence: no phones, no internet, no Facebook, no email -- just quiet time to listen to the voice of the one who speaks in silences.

I'm scheduling a few items to post while I'm gone, but I won't be moderating any comments until I return next Saturday. So please be patient and I'd appreciate your prayers for a fruitful retreat. Be assured I'll be praying for all my internet friends and for those who don't know yet that I really am a friend and consider me an enemy, just as they consider Jesus their enemy. May God open your eyes and bring you to realize His love and His truth.

And may our Mother Mary touch your heart and wrap you in the folds of her garment like she did for her little son Juan Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment