Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2015

Using One of Alinsky's Rules on the "Progressives" in the Church

The video below is hilarious. My only criticism is that they move a little too fast to read some of the "translations." As I'm posting it the video has only 84 views. Can we make it go viral?

Saul Alinsky was a brilliant tactician. Anyone who's read his Rules for Radicals has to recognize that his rules work. Some are immoral. (He believed the end justifies the means and would use just about any means to achieve his goals.) But without accepting the evil in his rule book, one can certainly borrow his morally neutral means. And humor is a big one.

Rule 5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon

I once gave a pro-life slide presentation in a classroom with some parents present. One gentleman gave me a hard time, but at the end of the presentation said he hoped he hadn't been too hard on me and that I wasn't upset. (You know, sensitive women and all that.) Without even thinking I replied, "Hey I'm used to it, I have teenagers.") Everybody laughed except him. I wasn't trying to make fun of him; I was saying what I really felt, but the result was definitely a gift from the Holy Spirit.

I hope you'll share this video on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and send it to your email lists. Let's poke a little fun at the progressives who tried to hijack the Extraordinary Synod on the Family. It will be good for their humility.



(Hat tip to Carol at The Tenth Crusade. I saw it on her blog first.)

6 comments:


  1. Thanks for posting this, Mary Ann.

    I sent this to Carol and some other favorite bloggers (I lost your email address or I would have sent it to you, too).

    It was put together by my fine friend Michael Lofton. He is a convert to the faith and has published some fine Catholic books.

    Here is his website: http://consolamini.org/

    He put together another video on the Third Secret of Fatima.

    Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUDT-yXVDCE

    God love you, Mary Ann.
    Catechist Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since 1949 the progressives have been using an irrational premise to interpret the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus. They then extended it to Vatican Council II. Probably unknowingly you too are using the same premise.

    Vatican Council II (premise-free) agrees with the SSPX position on an ecumenism of return and non Christians needing to convert for salvation
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2015/03/vatican-council-ii-premise-free-agrees.html

    Fr.Robert Barron in Catholicism uses an irrational proposition to reach an irrational conclusion
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2015/03/frrobert-barron-in-catholicism-uses.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I've been sending this video link around this morning, also trying to give it a huge viewing!

    I found it helpful to hold the mouse over the PAUSE button to keep stopping it so I could keep up with the dialog.

    What a hoot. Very well done, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was soooo true. If anyone is
    interested Pope Paul VI spent a two week vacation with Alinski.
    This is from Fr Luigi Villa's magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. March 11, 2015



    SSPX 'spokesman' : Theology of Vatican Council II is in agreement with the strict interpretation of extra ecclesiam nulla salus

    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2015/03/sspx-spokesman-theology-of-vatican.html

    ReplyDelete