Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2016

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Pain is a great motivator! For months I have been dealing with pretty significant hip pain. Physical therapy hardly touches it. I was presuming my hip problem was related to other problems I'm having connected to my Myasthenia Gravis, but the neurologist recommended an x-ray and I have arthritis in that hip. Hmm...I recall a fall off a horse and a fall off a skate board that both involved my right side. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I decided to do a little research on natural treatments for arthritis. I'm in no hurry to have a hip replacement. Diet affects everything so I googled "diet remedy for arthritis." Now, I doubt diet can undo arthritis damage, but I'm convinced that everything can be helped by making healthy food choices. Read more....


2 comments:

  1. Make sure your doctor does a blood test for TSH...thyroid. Being post-Graves Disease (HYPERthyroidism) for 35 years, I know that when my TSH runs below normal (HYPOthyroidism) that my bones ache terribly. The connection is that when the doc ups the dosage, the aching arthritis goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryanne , if you have insulin resistance or high blood glucose , avoid glucosmine chondroitin .
    Deep water exercise is the best for arthritis. No joint impact, builds muscle to support the joints and there is an absence of pain due to hydrostatic pressure.
    Make sure you are XRayed standing up for hip replacement DX. Driving is the worst for the joints. Road vibrations destroys cartilage more quickly. Long distance truckers are the worst hit with joint replacements according to my PT friends.

    ReplyDelete