Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Children & Grandchildren of Abortion Business Owner Die in Plane Crash Near Monument to the Unborn!

The Feldkamp's daughter Amy and family
I missed this event when it happened in 2009, but it bears telling again. When I read the article it gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes for the loss of those precious innocent ones who remind me of my own grandbabies. Here are the facts from the article:
The crash involved two daughters of a prominent California abortion business owner, Irving "Bud" Feldkamp, and their families. Feldkamp owns the Family Planning Associates abortion business he purchased four years ago....his 17 FPA abortion centers do more abortions in the state of California than Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion business. 
Their plane went down on Sunday killing daughters Vanessa and Amy, two of Feldkamp’s sons-in-law, five grandchildren, the pilot and four family friends.
For pro-life advocates who are familiar with Feldkamp’s exploits as an abortion business owner, the crash is sad news but it carries a certain irony.

The plane crashed into Catholic Holy Cross cemetery near the Butte airport and burst into flames. The site of the devastating impact and the deaths of the 14 passengers was near a memorial erected in the cemetery to honor unborn children who have died in abortions. 
The memorial, called the Tomb of the Unborn, was erected as a dedication to all babies who have died because of abortion.
No one can do anything but grieve over the deaths of these family members who may have had nothing at all to do with the evil acts of Feldkamp and his wife. But there is certainly something ironic in the deaths. It reminds me of the abortionist, Anthony Levatino, who converted after his 6-year-old daughter Heather was hit by a car and killed running after a ball. The soul-searching changed his heart. Rather than turning bitter against God, he repented and now witnesses to the value of life.

This story should be a reminder to all Christians. Death is not the worst thing that can happen to a person -- hell is. And tragedy is often the "foxhole" that turns people to God.

When I think of Noah's ark I think of a merciful God who saves people using fear when they will not be saved by love. There's a wonderful children's book about Noah -- mostly pictures. As the flood waters rise the people stand on the rocks and on the mountain tops reaching up --  presumably calling on God's mercy. Repentance out of fear is not perfect, but it saves. The Act of Contrition says, "I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love."


Sadly, we are often more motivated out of fear than by love.

Today I'm praying for Bud Feldkamp and his wife and for the repose of the souls of those killed in the crash. As a mother and grandmother I can't imagine a more terrible suffering than what happened to this couple. I'm sure they continue to grieve for their loved ones.

Please join me in interceding that a terrible tragedy becomes a source of conversion in their lives and the innocent ones lost will join in our intercessory prayer -- especially on this Fathers' Day. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered the Noah book I thought had the picture in it, but it's not the right book -- charming, but not the one with the picture I remember. If I find the right picture book I'll post because it is a powerful image that really struck me when I saw it. I always had difficulty with the Noah story until I reflected on that picture. It helped me understand how God uses the evil of sin and its consequences, including death, to save souls. May Jesus Christ be parised.

    ReplyDelete