Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Why does the pope keep talking to Scalfari?

Vatican: Don’t trust report that Pope Francis denied reality of hell


Remember the old adage, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!" Can anyone explain why the pope keeps talking to atheist "journalist" Eugenio Scalfari? Every time he does (even when he didn't "grant an interview") the Vatican has to do damage control. The latest is the comment about whether hell exists or sinners just (poof!) cease to exist. Unfortunately, the Vatican response doesn't present the doctrine clearly, it just reiterates (once again) that Scalfari takes no notes or recordings and just remembers in his own words what the pope said. 

Seems to me that Il Papa and Scalfari should confine their discussions to the weather.

3 comments:

  1. If hell doesn't exist what did the Blessed Mother show the children of Fatima that was so frightening?

    Hell?...or a vision of a future pope saying that hell does not exist.

    Possibly both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few comments that I can't post because they are disrespectful. I agree that the pope is doing serious damage to the Church and causing great confusion, but I can't post comments that call him a lunatic, a clown, etc. Let's all try to remember that he's our spiritual father and keep the fourth Commandment. We need to pray for him and respect his office. I will be happy to post comments about your concerns with his actions, but please don't call him names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark 16:16
    Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.

    God is patient and merciful to those who repent but in the end, there will be just punishment.

    ReplyDelete